Wednesday, December 10, 2008

even Layla knows...

Someone pointed out to me the other day that I use my dog Layla often to convince people of something or as a source of advice/wisdom.

Here are just a few examples:

my friend: do you think everyone knows that I fell down at that party?
me: come on dude, even LAYLA knows you feel down at that party!

friend numero dos: did i just say that really inappropriate thing too loud in this restaurant?
me: um yeah, even LAYLA heard you say it.

friend numero tres: do you think i should apply for that job?
me: LAYLA says that you are overly qualified for that
job and that she'll put in a good word with the search committee..so the answer is a resounding YES!

friend numero cuatro: do you think it's ever going to stop raining?
me: LAYLA said she was watching the weather on good morning america this morning and she said we might as well move into our rain boots and invest in a canoe because it's never going to stop raining!

friend numero cinco: i stopped by your house today, but you weren't there. layla barked a lot at me.
me: yes, she already told me. you interrupted her REM sleep. she wasn't a happy camper and said she wants no more of that nonsense.


All this just goes to show that LAYLA knows all, sees all, and is a know-it-all!!! So don't mess with LAYLA. Unless you have ice cream in your pocket. Then she'll melt and become your best friend.

No comments: