Friday, December 5, 2008

pockets or bust



Lisa Carol Fremont (Grace Kelly) describing a dress: "A steal at eleven hundred dollars!"
Jeff(James Stewart): "Eleven hundred? They ought to list that dress on the stock exchange."

-from Rear Window, 1954

DRESSES WITH POCKETS ROCK!!! as much as i love a great handbag, a posh clutch, or a stylish tote- nothing beats storing my belongings in a pocket. But you can't store your phone, american express, ID, cash, and camera all in two pockets, you may ask. YES I CAN (mccain love dies hard, i still support him, but i'm trying to get into this yes i can, yes we did obama as president mindset...bear with me). If you find the thinnest camera and bundle up idcashcreditcards to put in the other pocket, all that's left is the phone! and let's be honest here, my phone will probably be in my hand to call or text someone that lives far away that i wish was there. So this is all leading up to why i worship (whoa, strong word, ADORE, yes that's much better) Yoana Baraschi dresses. Most of them have pockets!!! And not just the fake ones that are sewn together for decoration. Real, live, deep pockets. Ahhhh yes just speaking of these beautiful creations makes my heart skip a beat.

til next time... when maybe i'll write about something 'deep'...wait pockets are deep!. nevermind


"Once I planned to write a book of poems entirely about the things in my pocket. But I found it would be too long; and the age of the great epics is past." -G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936)


No comments: