Friday, March 13, 2009

miss domestic, that's me...

So all my adult life I've been wishing and hoping and praying for one thing... an antique pink refrigerator. I've always wanted one. The desire as a little girl was faint, just one of awe and fascination when I'd see one in my dad's antique books, or at an auction, or on a Nick-At-Nite tv show. But now, now that I have a house and now that I'm revisiting the idea of cooking (key word: revisiting... the grocery store still overwhelms me), I'm thinking it's time to get serious about buying one of these puppies for my kitchen. Let me introduce you to my favorite....


This is a 1950s General Electric.
It's appealing to me b
ecause:
A) It's the size of a normal refrigerator, so you don't lose space.
B) It's pink.
C) It's teal inside, which matches the teal color scheme in my kitche
n.



So this week I called up my pops, since he's the antique authority in the area, and he said he will keep his eyes peeled at auctions. Some websites sell restored ones but they are insanely overpriced. Let's hope he finds one fast. Because if you know me, then you know this newfound curiousity with cooking/the kitchen isn't bound to last.



Was it for this I uttered prayers, and sobbed and cursed and kicked the stairs, that now, domestic as a plate, I should retire at half-past eight?

-Edna St. Vincent Millay (American Poet & Dramatist, 1892-1950)


2 comments:

Ashley Bridges said...

I didn't know you had a blog...YAY..I love blogging, I have now added your blog to my list...

hmb said...

Hey Peacho! I linked you on my latest blog entry. maybe you will have more clickies over here :o
Loves ya